Just because you missed your holiday this year doesn’t mean your hair has to.
Hot on the heels of Part 1 in our Hershesons Great (H)air Drying Academy series, this week’s ‘natural set’ technique brings out your easy-breezy natural movement – without the need for high heat styling.
What are the benefits?
✓ Natural movement – not flat, lifeless lengths.
✓ No frizz or unwanted fuzzy bits.
✓ Extra morning time to eat/sleep/ponder the meaning of life.
✓ Less heat damage, so you can improve the overall condition of your hair.
Who does it work on?
Curly girls, you’re already pros at this. Everyone else – no matter what your age or hair type – get ready to recover your mornings and natural hair movement with the simple technique below.
The A-list references...
What do you need?
Knot My Problem Brush, Almost Everything Cream and a hair dryer with a low heat setting and/or diffuser. You might want to add some Kérastase Densifique Densimorphose Mousse, if you fancy creating more body.
How to do it:
- Comb soaking wet, post-shower hair through with our Knot My Problem Brush.
- Run 1-2 pumps of Almost Everything Cream through your mid-lengths and ends.
- Do NOT wind your hair into a towel. All that humidity is a recipe for full-on frizz.
- Instead, squeeze excess water out from the hair – and blot (don’t rub) with a microfibre towel to reduce moisture.
- Use your fingers to find your natural parting.
- Then create a ‘natural set’ – as popularised by iconic ‘70s stylist, Christiaan. Wind sections of your hair into buns – the more buns, the more movement you’ll get.
- @lukehersheson created 4-5 buns on @vickshersheson when her hair was about 70% dry.
- Add some heat, using the lowest setting on your dryer.
- Release to reveal an easy-breezy, natural wave.
- We’re currently testing a NEW HERSHEONS PRODUCT that adds oomph (watch this space). In the meantime, you can always use a little Kérastase Densifique Densimorphose Mousse if you want more body without stickiness.
Want to see our buns in action? Check out the full technique in our Instagram series, In The Closet then show us your easy movement @hershesons.